Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess

<< < (1307/1988) > >>

Pam:
It was around lunchtime, camera data says 12:30........fun to watch!  I have a grainy photo to show you!

The Peregrine Chick:
Six of one, half dozen of another.  Depends on the bug too.  The chicks get bored and/or their hunting instincts start kicking in periodically and they go after flies at the nestsite.  Adults incubating eggs/brooding chicks will go after these same flies - boredom? annoyance?  frustration?  who knows, but they do snap after them sometimes.  When there is an infestation of grasshoppers, chicks and adults will hunt and eat them by the buckets - in 1991, I almost didn't find a single pellet in West Winnipeg that wasn't full of grasshopper carapaces!  Great source of protein and wonderful hunting exercises for the young fledglings.

bccs:
Hey Pam was that around 11:30?
Had to go to another office today and had a wonderful 5 minutes of seeing a peregrine do the "catch a thermal if you can".
It was spectacular and he/she seemed to be playing circular tag with 3 pigeons. dumb fool pigeons.

Pam:
Got to watch Trey flying around with some 'dinner' in his talons this afternoon, he went round and round (always too fast for me to focus my camera!).  Where is Dennis when you need him????

Jo:
I'm just amazed at the sence of balance the parents have. Now that we can see them on the ledge gnawing on a snack or standing on one leg while scratching an itch with the other. (be still my heart the first time I saw that!)

I want to tell them to get down off that ledge if they are going to do that. lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version