Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines
Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess
Three:
Please excuse the typos...apparently I should not type before I've had my second cup of coffee. All hail the sleep deprivation of motherhood. I had a good giggle last night reading the poop/diaper/health comments that flowed from yesterday's discussion. All too true as mom to a six-month boy.
Anyway, meant to say "carcass" on the ledge. It's still there and I'm somewhat surprised the chicks haven't sniffed it out yet. The babes have become restless and have been pecking at each other and shuffling around in their pile. Still no sign of a parent, but we know one is always near. Lots of preening and looking about. I do miss the close-ups the western penthouse used to provide us. They look to be starting that awkward molted-look stage, particularly around the face, when the down doesn't fully cover them any more.
Three:
Dear gawd, TPC, do you never sleep? LOL. So it was 5:00am Manitoba time when I first checked in on the chicks; street light was glowing brightly. All is well. They were wandering about for a while before reconvening for a huddle and another snooze. Neither Trey nor Princess have been visible, but there is a huge chunk 'o carcass sitting on the southern ledge rail. Guessing one of the parents was snacking while watching over the chicks. It's been roughly 30 minutes since I tuned in. The dawn light s now approaching and I'm guessing breakfast (probably second breakfast) will be arriving shortly.
The Peregrine Chick:
0200 hrs (local) - Princess flew onto the ledge from the street side for the second time in the last hour. This time she walked her way south along the ledge and looked to be checkign out the chicks (which I can't see) before she launched herself off toward the west again. First time she came by she sat just north of the ledge point for about a 1/2 before dropping down to walk around the ledge a bit before leaving.
Pchemist:
with the pulled back view the night is lit up by a streetlight, but that does not assist with seeing anything actually on the ledge (just helps me know it's all working). I think I can see a chickpile near the poop-art, but I could be making that up. I can definitely see cars down below!
see you when it's light out again. :)
bccs:
Thanks Pam. How's the view from the north? Any top of head eye shots yet?
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version