Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess

<< < (1302/1988) > >>

bccs:

--- Quote from: Eye-spy on June 12, 2009, 09:06 ---
--- Quote from: CRae on June 12, 2009, 09:03 ---Feeding time!  I cannot believe how big they're getting.

And hello to everyone!  I've been watching the falcons since last year but this is my first post!  :D

--- End quote ---

HOOORAY and welcome.  Just watch out for the chief trouble makers and bottle drainers on here, like BccS and that Loriann.  Those are the bad kids... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

--- End quote ---

Don't believe him CRae, we are not bad, we're free-spirited.
( he's the bad guy )    welcome and enjoy.

Bunny:
OH, I see that it is feeding time again! So cute! I also see that the carcass is still on the ledge that was left there from last nights feeding.

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: jadoo on June 12, 2009, 08:09 ---...that was a gl*ss half empty  -  stupid filter... 
--- End quote ---

Stoopid filter is now glass half full ...  ;)

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: jadoo on June 12, 2009, 07:58 ---...that lone chick by the wall - is it struggling to get up?  Or just telling off it's siblings, trying to get in a snooze?  (I'm put in mind of the poor chick that flipped itself off the roof a couple of seasons ago...)
--- End quote ---

That poor chick (named Taku) actually had had a stroke a few days before and half of brain was necrotic and it was affecting her ability to hold up her head and her balance so she was unable to right herself or to have any depth perception and she tipped herself over the edge of the old nestbox.  There is a high, relatively wide edge on the nestledge and these chicks all appear to be healthy ... so nothing to worry about at this point ...

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: Cammie on June 12, 2009, 07:55 ---I have a question for TPC or my fellow phanatics.  Over on the CBC comment section - which I don't read a lot because it frustrates me - there is lots of chatter oabout the "runt".  Do peregrines have runts or is the size difference just because of the difference in hatching times? 
--- End quote ---

There isn't a runt to this clutch - all the chicks hatched out in less than a day so they are all the same age and same size.  I have no idea where the question of a runt came up, but I don't have enough time to follow along with the CBC comment section so the CBC comment posters are going to have to either come over here to be edumacated (as one of our phanatics likes to say) or they are just going to have to keeping wondering I'm afraid!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version