Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess

<< < (1283/1988) > >>

Pchemist:
as I recall, the chicks are really quite big in terms of any predator coming for them.  But more importantly, Princess and Trey (one or both) are always watching and would drive any potential predator away.  With the cam pulled back you can usually see one of them (right now perched on the drain lid) and we're told the other is always nearby as the first line of defense.

eagle63_1999:
Other than man, and the location they are at the only predator I can think of would be Great Horned Owls and Eagles and such but I am not sure. Tracy would be able better to answer that question.  She will be online after she gets back from the Phanatics get together.

Saoirse:
I'm just watching the chicks sleep . . . with a parent (Trey?) standing guard nearby. Trying to judge the size of the chicks, and I wondered if, at this stage of their development, there are any predators that could be a danger to them. Does anybody know?

Jo:

--- Quote from: Pchemist on June 12, 2009, 17:36 ---seems like Trey is nestkeeping by finding leftovers and feeding them to the kids.

--- End quote ---

What a guy - I feel so badly for him when Princess comes and takes over when he's feeding the kids a 'fresh' meal.

Saoirse:
Ah . . . one little head popping up from the chickpile -- can it be mealtime again? Or just too much togetherness?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version