Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines
Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess
des:
volunteer stuff just emailed to you
bccs:
Just pm'd you TPC
The Peregrine Chick:
All the chicks are fat and happy and still on the nestledge. At the moment, the little boys are sitting on the vent and our girl is lying between the vent and the wall and is mostly obscured by her brothers.
Today is Day 35 for the chicks. The males will fly first, then the female. I have had chicks fly at 35 days but it was a lone chick and I was already having trouble keeping it in the box (its name was Sherpa - guess why ::)). I am anticipating that fleding will occur about Day 40, that is Saturday. Winds are forecasted for SE 5 km/h - today winds have been 15 km/h with gusts to 30 which of course is being funnelled down Smith Street.
Anyone interested in helping with fledgewatch, pm or email me with your name, phone number, email address and when you will be able to help out. If you work downtown, let me know and include your work phone number.
Moonstar:
--- Quote from: blue_eyes on June 30, 2009, 15:41 ---Just wondering how surprised they are going to be when they stand on the ledge, flap their wings, and get a sudden updraft....."I wasn't ready!!!!" :o
--- End quote ---
We do not want that to happen. Isn't that what happened to Appollo in Ohio. He had his back to the ledge was flapping and the wind caught him. Maybe if he had been ready to go he might not have had the accident.
We want our falcons to fly when they are ready and not a minute sooner.
des:
I'm hoping they'll be too busy concentrating on technique to be excited- maybe on the 2nd or 3rd flight...
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version