Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess

<< < (681/1988) > >>

debc52:
Thanks, Pchemist. I'll keep my fingers crossed that our girl behaves herself. There is certainly a lot of her to get off the ground!

Pchemist:
no worries debc52 - this is how we all learned!

The females are larger and take longer to develop, so that is why we want her to wait for a few more days than her brothers.  She sort of knows by instinct, but sometimes a lone female can fledge early if the others go and don't come back to visit.

I'm hopeful they will come visit her though; they do seem to hang out together which is good, I think.

allikat:

--- Quote from: Loriann on July 03, 2009, 11:50 ---she's gone for lunch.. watch the camera for a madly waving woman down below.

--- End quote ---
I'm watching.......

debc52:
Why does the female fledge so much later that the males (hopefully)? How does she know to wait? Sorry - new at this and confused.

willmax11:

--- Quote from: Bunny on July 03, 2009, 09:46 ---One parent just came to the ledge to check in and all 3 chicks came running and then the parent flew away. 

--- End quote ---
It is around this time when the parents see that the chicks are almost ready
 that they will fly by with food attempting to lure them to fledge. Tracy knows
 the info on this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version