Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines
Radisson - 2010 / Ivy & Princess
Shocka88:
I was thinking it was Ivy on the chicks but what do I know?? ::) :-\ I was judging by how he/she was fussing.....changing positions, pecking at the gravel/bugs, etc. so am probably all wrong.
Mother Hen:
IV still on the letter West side....or is it Princess??
ballywing:
Princess has the 4 chicks tucked in nice & cozy - she's passing the time snapping at a big persistan bug that has decided to come for a visit. ;D - Follows it with her eyes then makes a head-lunge whenever it flies too close - and all without budging off the babies!! :-*
Kinderchick:
--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on May 27, 2010, 09:55 ---Sometimes it can depend on how long between hatches and if the eggshells are out of handy reach. If they are close by or the chicks are hatching out slowly, Mom can nibble on the eggshells between the egg-citement ( ;D). Princess usually eats most of them. In this case, the wind blew a couple of them close to the camera, think one below right out of the nest. They will disappear either on their own, or with peregrine assistance or I'll retrieve them when I'm next at the box if they are still there.
--- End quote ---
Interestingly, the Kinderchicklets REALLY like looking at those eggshells that have blown close to the webcam lens! :D Because Princess laid her eggs further away from the camera lens and because the 'chicklets haven't really had a chance to see the chicks up close yet, them seem to get a kick out of seeing those eggshells! 8) So I hope you won't be removing them from the nestbox too soon, TPC. ;)
bcbird:
TPC, I appreciated the answers to the Kinderchicklets' questions. and have a follow up
question to the query of the pebble eating.
Is the Chick crop that we watch fill up through a feeding the same structure that becomes the gizzard in the adult?
Another question.
In the WFP article, banding was mentioned for mid June. When will the exact date be set?
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version