Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2010 / Ivy & Princess

<< < (636/999) > >>

skypilot:
The thunderstorms seem to be ending, I can see blue sky out my window, and the parking lot lights are off in the strip mall across the street.  There is a lot of wind, the tree tops I can see are all swaying, some pretty hard at times.  Better weather for the birds has arrived.

MayShowers:
I haven't been able to see Princess and Ivy together.  Is that Ivy on the chicks now?

Sue:
Thanks TPC.
 Aww -  First time I've seen Ivy trying to feed the chicks and they were so full already there were no takers!! Finally gave up and ate it himself.   ::)

skypilot:
How many chicks hatched?  I knew about four eggs, I see what may be 1/2 an egg in the foreground of the picture, and the most I have counted is 3 chicks, I think, although a fourth could be hidden at the other end by the other 3. 

Thanks anyway, I just discovered the new article saying there were 4 chicks.

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: Sue on May 28, 2010, 11:16 ---I was wondering if Ivy was hatched in the nestbox? If so, would that be part of the reason he seemed to prefer it? I seem to remember a previous post in which someone (maybe TPC) said that Trey had been a east ledge hatch and therefor had a preference for it.

--- End quote ---

Ivy was hatched out of the nestbox on the Radisson and the box is in the same place but its not the same box.  Would this have an affect on where he has tried to nest - not from his past record ... he has tried to nest twice on the same building with two different females with similar results - both eggs were lost.  One of those females came from a nestbox too, so both of them, if there is preference for a particular type of nest structure due to where one fledges, it didn't work for Ivy in 2007 or 2009.  As for Trey, he and his mates Madame & Princess have nested more often in the nestbox than on the ledge, despite his having been fledged from that ledge.  The males make the scrapes in a number of locations - at the Radisson there are only two options - the females end up choosing.

Beau out in West Winnipeg didn't come from a nestbox but he refused to acquiese to Jules desire to nest where she had last year ... he kept dragging her off to the nestboxes ... and we are so glad he did!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version