Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines
Radisson - 2010 / Ivy & Princess
Kinderchick:
--- Quote from: jadoo on May 28, 2010, 11:42 ---...if i recall correctly (and there is by no mean any assurance that I do,) I thought that TPC once said that Princess would decapitate any prey brought in before bringing it to the chicks (something about a disease found in the throats of other birds?) but I see that she is just taking the food packages from Ivy and getting right down to the business of feeding...is Ivy decapitating the birds before bringing them in? Or am I completely off base with the decapitation thing? ???
--- End quote ---
You are right about that, jadoo. :) That's what TPC told the Kinderchicklets last year. If you go to the Child Board "Questions from 2009" link and look for the heading, "Baby Chicks", she has written a very informative paragraph about the peregrine hunting process and the feeding of the chicks.
ballywing:
Was just waiting for the bus at MTS Centre - Saw 'Somebody' swoop off the nest ledge, glide around right above me ;D ;D - back to the dot on the i, then off again to the 'R' on the Rogers building for a rest. ;D ;D
susha:
Mayshowers, I believe that's Princess. She came back while Ivy was trying to take a turn at feeding - Mom took the food and finished it off and dad flew away. Princess settled down onto the babies. I was hoping that Ivy would get a chance to snuggle with his babies, but guess Mom decided it wasn't time!
susha:
Just tuned in to see a feeding underway. Then Ivy appeared with another morcel just as Princess took off to get rid of the dregs. More food to get those babies fattened up! Was that Ivy's first chance to feed the chicks? I agree, Sue, it didn't look like any of his kids were interested in his attempts!
jadoo:
...if i recall correctly (and there is by no mean any assurance that I do,) I thought that TPC once said that Princess would decapitate any prey brought in before bringing it to the chicks (something about a disease found in the throats of other birds?) but I see that she is just taking the food packages from Ivy and getting right down to the business of feeding...is Ivy decapitating the birds before bringing them in? Or am I completely off base with the decapitation thing? ???
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version