Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2010 / Ivy & Princess

<< < (565/999) > >>

ballywing:

--- Quote from: susha on June 04, 2010, 20:00 --- I love GCG's idea of a book by TPC with photos by Dennis!  Another fabulous idea!  I'd sure read it!  Problem is, when would TPC have the time to write?  She doesn't seem to sleep now as it is!!  

--- End quote ---
I agree, and TPC has such a way with words it would be fabulous storytelling!!!... but I fear it might have to be a 'retirement' project because it seems she has less than 0 time on her hands at this point!  :-\ At least it's good to know your futures are all planned out for you, aye TPC & Dennis?? :P ;D - sorry might have to move this..? :-[

susha:
Oh!  And I meant to say, Cooper, you are so lucky!!

susha:
Finally some time to check in on the Radisson Royals and do some Forum reading.  The chicks are currently wiggling and giggling...seeming a little restless.  Maybe it's snack-time?  Lots of blue sky going on right now.  wasn't able to watch the chicks and parents during the storming, but I know it must've been very sweet to see Mama protecting her babies from the elements.  Thanks 2kawaii and Ballwing for the great photos.  And thanks to Dennis as well for the newest additions to your gallery.  I can't get enough of these guys!  I love GCG's idea of a book by TPC with photos by Dennis!  Another fabulous idea!  I'd sure read it!  Problem is, when would TPC have the time to write?  She doesn't seem to sleep now as it is!! 

bccs:

--- Quote from: Cooper on June 04, 2010, 16:31 ---I saw the loveliest thing this afternoon during the brief sunny interlude. Not sure exactly what time - maybe about 2:10 p.m. I was walking east toward the Radisson and spied one of the Royal couple (later I determined it was Princess) perched on one of the white satellite dishes on the roof. As I was about to enter the BMO, she took off toward me and then veered off toward the Air Canada building when suddenly out of nowhere Ivy appeared bearing snacks. They did a little aerial ballet essentially above Portage Avenue, chest to chest and then flew off together towards the Air Canada Centre where I lost them. I imagined they were sneaking in a little picnic while the chicks slept.  :)

--- End quote ---
Lucky , lucky you cooper. This is the kind of sighting that makes the long, endless, fruitfulness watching worthwhile. So glad you saw this   ;D ;D

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: bcbird on June 04, 2010, 18:06 ---That last little one that finally outlasted the others at the feed looks to be smaller.  Is it too early to think he might be a male?

--- End quote ---

A wee bit early.  When I was checking that we still had all four on Wednesday, they were in fact pretty much all the same size.  The camera lens distorts size a bit which may be amplifying a normal size range for chicks at this age.  By banding time, we will be able to see and after then it will be much easier to see males and females.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version