Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2010 / Ivy & Princess

<< < (558/999) > >>

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: moka on June 05, 2010, 12:56 ---I'm not an expert but I don't remember so many feedings before...
--- End quote ---
I'm thinking that so many feedings might be related to the weather.  :-\ Perhaps the peregrines instinctively know that more nasty weather, with torrential rains is on it's way and they won't be able to feed them at that time because I think it may be more difficult to hunt for food in a downpour. As well, the parents will likely be busy sheltering the chicks if it begins to rain heavily.

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: sami on June 05, 2010, 12:34 ---Feeding time... One had something long, couldn't get it down - I was afraid he was going to choke on it. Finally managed to get it out of his beak, Dad picked it up and had a bit of trouble swallowing it himself.
--- End quote ---
Maybe it was a leg, sami?!  :o :-\

moka:
I'm not an expert but I don't remember so many feedings before.

Just a thought, they are a family of four and of course every feeding has to stretch to a bigger group.

They still seem like the most fell fed birds in the world.  ;)

sami:
Feeding time - one little one trying to grab bits on his own, gave up and decided it was easier to get it from Dad. One at the back patiently waiting his turn, almost got left out, didn't get agressive till near the end. Definitiely can't wait your turn in that group!

One had something long, couldn't get it down - I was afraid he was going to choke on it. Finally managed to get it out of his beak, Dad picked it up and had a bit of trouble swallowing it himself.

Stormy:
OMG - another feeding! :o  This time it's Ivy is doing the honours.  And the little guys are acting like they weren't just  fed fifteen minutes ago! ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version