Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Mississauga - Executive Centre - 2008-20

<< < (17/36) > >>

carly:

--- Quote from: Loriann on March 29, 2010, 13:13 ---given the ridiculous amount of construction in this vicinity i'm surprised any birds are even remotely interested in being here..  lots of tall condos going in right beside this site..

--- End quote ---

Well it must be something as they've rarely had a pair that stayed together for a few years.  I"m surprised Jack hasnt' tried for that site as he was born there!

Speaking of Lori, there may be another new pair in Mississauge somewhere - still waiting on confirmation but someone did call one in so it's hoping out there.  I guess with new condos going up - it means higher places for a peregrine to nest on.

Loriann:
given the ridiculous amount of construction in this vicinity i'm surprised any birds are even remotely interested in being here..  lots of tall condos going in right beside this site..

The Peregrine Chick:
welcome to the club  ::)

carly:
Yet another territorial battle between females!  Last year the resident female was killed on site by another female and the eyases were fostered out.  Wonder if that new female won or if there is yet another new female here!

CPF Postmaster Reports:
While the adult peregrines have been very active in the nest box this past week, it might appear that the territorial squabbling going on between two adult females on site has delayed pair bonding and courtship activities with the male. We’re not quite sure who is on territory at this momment, but it appears that the territorial dispute has finally yeilded a victor, as evident by yesterdays observations. There are only two adults on site now, (one adult male and one adult female). Hopefully, the pair (who ever they are), can now get down to some pair bonding and serious courtship activities

carly:
They just brought the cam up two days ago I believe and they are now going around to see what's happening at the sites.  Etobicoke cam sadly may be unrepairable they think. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version