ON / Mississauga - Executive Centre - 2008-20

<< < (34/36) > >>

Liz:
That's sad.   :'(  Poor girl. 

Loriann:
http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/tops/missmec.html

updates on our babies here...

free5ia:
Thanks for that information!  I will keep my eyes to the skies when I am home and check out some of their "haunts" that you mentioned!  Thanks for your help :)

Loriann:
No you can't get into the plant if you are a member of the public. I have access thru my work, but there is a doggie leash free park directly across the road ( Lakeshore ) and you can see them from there if they are flying around.

Once you spot them you can follow them visually back to the towers.

I have more luck seeing the Square one pair.  and you are right.. the fields are rapidly disappearing.  I have seen them at the corner of Burnhamthorpe and Central Parkway in the CN railway track of land.  They used to nest on the top of the medical building at this corner, which was truely scary, its not that high, but two  years ago there were no less than five birds air-borne .. so they managed just fine..

a little bit of a visual distraction when driving however.. lol

also,, if you are in the track of land by the Credit River, near the bridge on burnhamthorpe, you can often see one or both adults on top of the really high light poles that line the bridge.

free5ia:
Thanks Lori!  Will check them out next month - and try the web search.

The North Miss. ones will not have too many fields left up near Square One soon!  :(

Can the public get on to the grounds of the cement plant or do you have to have an "in" with the employees?  I know a lot of the buildings/plants have pretty high security around there - not sure if the cement plant is the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version