Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Mississauga - Executive Centre - 2008-20

<< < (32/36) > >>

eagle63_1999:
Yeah same here ballywing, and I don't wanna get kicked out of the sandbox. :)

ballywing:
Grrrrrrr - I can find plenty of words to express what I'm thinking Liz -  >:( >:( - but if I used them, TPC would kick me out of her sandbox!!!!  :o

Liz:
I cannot find the words to properly express what I'm thinking, about, "Some people just have no respect."  I SO don't understand anyone who is all about themself.  (I know, the grammar sucks!  You know what I mean.)  Anyone who would remove a band for their own benefit....   If there is a heck, and each person there gets a life-appropraite version, these people will live in perpetuity in Hitchcock's "The Birds"! 

carly:
What Mark Nash told us a few weeks ago when he was here for the Etobicoke banding is that the US has agreed that if they capture a 'Banded Canadian Bird' it will be freed, if it has no band then all bets are off.  He said basically it will be a matter of trust because really they can easily remove the bands if no one is around and no one would know the difference.

It seems the second they take something off the endangered list they immediately start hunting it to extinction all over again  :( 

Pchemist:

--- Quote from: Enraptured on June 23, 2008, 23:46 ---
--- Quote from: Loriann on June 23, 2008, 06:52 ---http://www.mississaugablogs.com/2007/04/band_on_the_fly.html

A blog from Mississauga regarding the trapping and banding of our urban birds.

--- End quote ---

Wow, that's shocking and a what a frightening prospect!  :o  >:(  :( 

--- End quote ---

The date on that blog is over a year ago (April 18, 2007).  Any word on what happened since?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version