Manitoba Peregrines > City Hall, Regina, Saskatchewan

Saskatchewan / Regina - City Hall - 2009-2013 / ? & ?

<< < (2/15) > >>

Pam:
Good luck, Allie!

allikat:
Well...was downtown on Friday, looked around with hope and wonder...nothing yet folks, but, I will keep looking up until my neck hurts!

allikat:
Remember me writing that there isn't much going on in the Peregrine world in Regina...this is all I get for a link:

http://falcon.unibase.com/

One, and hopefully others, can only hope... :-\

allikat:
Hopefully next year, I'll have more time, (hmm, heard that before), to partake in pre-peregrine activities, (and post)!  
Would love to be in contact with someone here that knows, or has access, or has something to do with these evasive birds.  
Kinda wondering if the nestbox is in an ideal location, or if it's even adequate for the birds needs/requirements.  
To me, but I'm not a peregrine, City Hall is a great location for them to nest, as it's very close to food, shelter and water, as the waterfowl park is seconds away, (peregrine time).  There are so many marsh birds here as well and out of town protected areas for other food sources.  
I'm wondering if perhaps the Hawks could be a problem here for raising young as they are quite common and seen regularly?  
Until next year, time will tell if there will be a family of falcons to watch and stress over...

msdolittle:
Yesterday we were walking close to City Hall and we saw a Crow eating something in a tree.  I went closer and the Crow dropped the bird.  I looked and it looked like a good chuck of Pigeon.  Now there was a Merlin flying about but I didn't think they ate Pigeon so I wonder where the Crow got the pigeon?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version